FireThorne's Home Page
Comments on survey question7
(Did you know that the south side terminal and marshalling area would keep well clear of the Bowfest grounds, using otherwise wasted level space between the Union Steamship Marina and Dorman Road?)
- Perhaps more street level posters and on-line announcements should be implemented.
9/30/2012 10:51 PM
- So I took a walk down there today and you know what?! It stinks like a sewer because it is right along and behind the god damned sewer. Smells like stinky shit Mr. Hill. Shit. Stink.
9/30/2012 3:24 PM
- I have only hear-say to rely on with regard to Collins' statements.
9/29/2012 4:08 PM
- This question (and others) has the sound of bias in its wording. You're not doing yourself any favour by appearing to lead us to your preferred answers.
9/29/2012 12:56 AM
- Vibrantly Disagree! Buffer zones are NOT wasted space.
9/28/2012 1:52 PM
- That level space is is in extreme short supply, to consider to paved for roadways and parking would not be the best use for such strategic waterfront property that sits within a park.
9/27/2012 4:27 PM
- This IS NOT an unbiased survey!
9/27/2012 11:57 AM
- The problem is offloading two lanes of fast traffic on Dorman and beyond.
9/27/2012 8:57 AM
- The whole idea is hideous and I will fight to the death to prevent such a vile travesty.
9/26/2012 7:39 PM
- on question 8 I cannot change the numbers. i do want No1 for the south side option, but would like 4 for the others.
9/26/2012 6:31 PM
- We are one of the 3 houses above the Bowfest field on Dorman. Every weekend in summer there is a noice variance issued to someone for an event in the Cove. We already hear EVERYTHING that happens in the Cove and do not invite the ferry traffic noise to be just below us. Noise travels up and the people of Cates Hill will absolutely hear the increase in noise as well. The people who bought and live in and around the area of the ferry chose to live there knowing that the ferry was coming and going. There is only one entrance to the park off dorman, the sewage treatement on one side...where would the entrance be? Would the entrance to the Bowfest Field be compromised? I met a friend waiting for the ferry yesterday. We were able to meet at a restaurant in the cove and visit. There will be nothing like that if the ferry comes in on the south side. The walk is just too far to for anything other than a rushed visit between ferries and rainy weather. I would bet than every business from Dallas's Marina to Miller Rd does not want ferry traffic to cease going by them.
9/26/2012 2:58 PM
- Still Metro Parks land and part of the Bowfest ambiance as is. Parking lot will distract
9/26/2012 2:46 PM
- I actually feel that the only time I shop in the cove is while waiting for the ferry. A move away from Cove will lessen my visits. But I can see the benefit of no inconvenience while construction proceeds.
9/25/2012 2:06 PM
- I'm not sure "wasted space"is the right term. That is forest area right now, at the moment, is it not? I really don't think the ferry traffic is a problem.
9/24/2012 2:24 PM
- Sort of knew but wasn't clear
9/24/2012 12:37 AM
- I knew this was the plan, but this space is not wasted; it's a green corridor, and part of what makes the Bowfest field so beautiful and rural-feeling. Having a ferry marshaling area beside the Bowfest field (especially one designed by BC Ferries) would completely change the feel of that area.
9/24/2012 12:27 AM
- Why characterize it as an “otherwise wasted level space”? This make this a loaded question.
9/24/2012 9:07 AM
- Not wasted space but a right-of-way and some land is public ally owned park land
9/24/2012 6:31 AM
- I didn't know that but am glad to hear that is so... How close would it be to the sewage treatment centre?
9/21/2012 5:49 PM
- did not know that and don't agree that it is wasted level space - that's your opinion not a fact.
9/18/2012 4:20 PM
Page created 2012-10-06
Last modified: Mon Oct 8 14:09:20 PDT 2012